When do children become finicky eaters? I was definitely a picky eater as a child. I refused to eat many common food items, including:
- Eggs (because my mom used to put raw eggs in my milk)
- Strawberries (because I was afraid of the seeds)
- Hamburgers (because I didn't like ketchup or mustard)
- Fish (except for tuna fish; my aunt once paid me $10 to eat one bite of steamed cod)
- Mushrooms (I'm not sure why)
When we went to McDonalds, I refused to eat anything except french fries and Filet-o-Fish buns with tartar sauce. When we went to Chinese restaurants, I'll I'd eat would be the chow mein.
In contrast, in just the past few weeks, Jason has eaten:
- Various Indian curries
- Chicken Marsala
- Fried Calamari (especially the tentacles)
He pretty much eats anything as long as it's meat. Will this adventurous eating continue?