Monday, November 07, 2005

Two Weeks' Links

Now that we're truly becoming a free agent nation, Starbucks is the new office. Personally, I find it's soothing to have other humans around when I work, even if they don't say a thing!

Forget WiMax, now there's xMax. Run a wireless network for years on a watch battery! Tres cool if it actually works.

Amazon creates a marketplace for Web labor. I think this may be a little too granular; I'd prefer such a marketplace for slightly larger projects.

Words fail me when it comes to the wall of breasts.

Now this is more like it--a quiz that rates your life on a 1-10 scale. I scored an 8.5; the average person scores a 6.3. Of course, does that mean that my life is actually better, or does it mean that I'm just more optimistic? I encourage you to take the quiz and share your results!

Online Karaoke which allows other people to rate your performance...brilliant.

Why women leave top jobs behind....I think that they're just smart enough to realize that there is more to life than work! I wish more men did the same.,15114,1123540,00.html

Beware our gleaming, metallic overlords! Finally, someone who tells you how to fight back against the robot rebellion. And you think I'm joking, but I'm not.

Extremely useful tools. But this should be a wiki!

When it comes to consumer-generated media, a few people do the heavy lifting. Even the Wikipedia only has 3,000 people working on it any given day.

No comments: