Why I Hate San Francisco
My friend and San Francisco resident Ben Casnocha has challenged me to explain why I hate San Francisco, which he terms one of the world's great cities.
Listen Ben, San Francisco is one of the world's great cities. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Many of the criticisms I will level against dear old SF apply to many other cities. Just because I hate San Francisco doesn't mean I can't equally hate New York, Beijing, Manila, and many other cities around the globe.
Hey, there's plenty of hate to go around.
Top Reasons Why I Hate San Francisco:
1. NO LEFT TURNS
2. The lack of parking
3. The plentiful supply of homeless people
4. Hills, hills, hills--good for views, bad for safety
5. Frequent events/protests/parades/festivals that snarl up traffic for no good reason whatsoever
6. The atrociously cold weather
7. The nutball politicians who run the joint
8. The crappy public transportation system, which only seems functional in comparison to the even worse nightmares in other cities. Being the smartest retard ain't something to be proud of.
9. Every miserable night on the town I've ever spent in SF, which seem to devolve into a Sisyphean quest to find "the" right bar or nightclub
10. The smug, self-satisfied attitude of residents who are convinced that they live the greatest city in the world. It's the people who claim to love the environment, then commute to jobs in San Jose that really burn me up.
Flame away, SF residents!
I finally found someone who hates San Francisco more than I. The "Why San Francisco Really Is That Bad" manifesto outlines in great detail why San Francisco is a terrible place for single ladies.