Sunday, November 19, 2006

Star Trek Dating Site Offers New Hope

In a world of niche dating sites, it's nice to see someone tackling the underserved market of hard-core Star Trek fans.

After all, without any new Trek movie premieres to sleep out for, where is the passionate Trekker going to find a mate?

On most dating sites, being a 5'4", 210 pound, 47-year-old man with an income of less than $25,000 per year would mean certain doom, but on TrekPassions, friends like aldeygirl and vixi can help him get a life.

I kid because I love. After all, I can name almost every TOS (that's The Original Series, full of Shatnerian glory) episode--there but for the grace of circumstance go I!

And all joking aside, this kind of niche dating is a great business model. If you can identify another such audience, you could build a pretty nice business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I like your story.
But you'd better take a look here to find a really DIFFERENT dating site.
Looks amazing, agree? :-)
You can also find my pics and more about me on my page www.livedatesearch.com/jessica
Read more about me or drop me a message from there.
Chao!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

FREE ONLINE DATING!
http://www.doilikeu.com

Andy said...

The topic is ok. But I don't think hot girls like this site while they can meet a lot of rich men on other sites like millionairematch.com.