Here's a real find for BSG fans--a two-hour podcast with Richard Hatch, the original Apollo, and the current Tom Zerak.
It's a fascinating interview, largely because Hatch is such a passionate fan of Battlestar Galactica, and because he is almost painfully honest and sincere about everything.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Why Admiral Cain is a better leader than Admiral Adama
- Why, despite the "darkness" of the show, BSG is all about redemption and hope
- Why democracy is so fragile, and what we must do to preserve it
- How the Internet will change the business model for television
- His regret that the show never explored the sexual tension between Roslin and Zerak
Hatch points out that a show with passionate fans could easily gross $50 million PER MONTH (5 million fans, $10/month), and be both wildly profitable, and allow a show to continue as long as the fans wanted, rather than being subject to studio whims.