This summer, I'm taking my family to Disneyworld. I'm going to need two things to make the trip a success:
(1) Some kind of handheld device that lets me do email and browse the Web
(2) Some kind of pocket camera/camcorder that can take decent digital photos and video
Here are some of the parameters around my decision:
- I'm a long-time T-Mobile customer
- I love the iPhone for browsing the Web, but I can't stand trying to use the touch screen to write emails
- The 2nd-generation Android phone, the Bigfoot, looks really cool, but doesn't launch until the month *after* my vacation
- I'm a cheap bastard, so price is a *major* object
So here are my questions:
1) What smartphone should I get for my long run use?
(iPhone? Blackberry? Android? Pre? Something else?)
2) What should I do for the two weeks in August that I'm on vacation?
(@dweekly has suggested that I find an Android developer who got a free G2 at Google's developer event and borrow it for the two weeks I need it--if you know someone who can help, please let me know!)
3) What digital camera will best meet my needs?
(@dweekly recommends the Canon Powershot; @PBKrissy likes the Sony Cybershot)
All thoughts, advice, and free gear welcome!